0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
Apply to this job.Think you're the perfect candidate?
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Eaton Hotel Washington, DC (Onsite) Full-Time
CB Est Salary: $35K - $60K/Year
Eaton Workshop is a purpose-driven global hospitality company dedicated to shaping a better world based on values of inclusivity, integrity, and imagination and driven by a triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. Founded by Hong Kong-born Asian-American Katherine Lo in 2018, she started Eaton to reimagine how we could build physical and digital spaces as platforms for creativity and collective change with an eye towards a more fair world. Eaton Workshop's physical and digital spaces are a place for kindred spirits to commune, collaborate, and make an impact. Our properties, Eaton DC in Washington DC and Eaton HK in Hong Kong, champion our brand pillars: Impact (social and environmental impact), Culture (the arts, literature, theater, music), Media (radio, film), Wellness (holistic mind-body-spirit healing), and House (purpose-driven members workspace), as well as beautifully designed, ethical hotel and F&B offerings.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to work with us at Eaton Workshop - BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA, international citizens, and more. We welcome professionals who strongly believe in our mission and can demonstrate parallel or applicable experience and skills to help us achieve it.
We are looking for people who embody integrity, compassion, humility, an open mind, and a collaborative spirit. We are not looking for people who pursue ego, who put self gain and profit above all else, and who don't truly support our mission. Ultimately, we are looking for people who carry an adaptive growth mindset, can build on their expertise, collaborate across disciplines, and see the higher purpose in going beyond the status quo.
Staff Accountant - Eaton DC
Under the general guidance of the Hotel Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring the financial controls, financial systems, records and reporting are accurate and in compliance.
Staff Accountant reports to Hotel Controller.
• Audit daily revenues from folios and vouchers given by Front Office and Restaurant/Outlet Cashier.
• Audit and complete daily cash report/checklist prepared by the General Cashier.
• Prepare daily revenue report.
• Route daily income audit packet.
• Maintain regular administrative and accounting controls.
• Complete cashier over/shortage report.
• Conduct monthly surprise cash count on all cashier positions.
• Determine all city ledger charges submitted by the Income Auditor are recorded timely and accurately in the books.
• Check and record commissions due to authorized travel agencies.
• Ensure regular and timely dispatch of invoices and statement of accounts to guests.
• Communicate all necessary information to Assistant Financial Controller for timely collection for those accounts exceeding credit limits.
• Check deposit receipts to trace processing accuracy.
• Assist in answering guest queries.
• Monthly check to ensure different classification of accounts receivable reconciles to respective control cards.
• Prepare regular accounts receivable aged trial balance
• Verify for completeness, accuracy appropriate authorization of all items on purchase orders, delivery notes/receiving records against vendor invoices.
• Investigate and promptly report discrepancies and irregularity to the Assistant Financial Controller.
• Where purchases have been returned, verify return notes and credit notes for completeness, accuracy, appropriate authorization against items returned and invoices.
• Prepare payment vouchers and account distributions of all vendor invoices and credit notes.
• Reconcile monthly vendor statement of accounts against hotel's accounts payable record for accuracy and discrepancies to be investigated and reported if necessary.
• The Eaton Finance Department is a team of finance professionals that will be cross trained in all aspects of hotel accounting functions. The main functions consist of month end closing, balance sheet reconciliations, payroll preparation and review, cashiering, income audit, accounts payable and accounts receivable. This cross training will expose the Fellows to the main core of financial responsibilities as listed below.
• Ensure all local and state taxes are deposited and related reports are filed according to established deadlines.
• Assist in the preparation and review of the monthly financial results.
• Assist with the month-end closing process by preparing and posting journal entries.
• Ensures all invoices are reviewed for proper documentation, keyed and paid on a timely basis.
• Verify the accuracy of the daily revenue and ensure all settlements are balanced and complete.
• Prepare the daily Income Audit Package for management review.
• Prepare the Daily Revenue Report for management review.
• Ensure the timely and accurate billing of all customer accounts and all customer queries are resolved in a timely manner.
• Responsible to ensure the hotel has an adequate supply of funds for operations and the receipt/disbursement of cash is properly controlled and accounted for.
• Employee payroll is accurate and timely including correct timekeeping, pay rates, and deductions. Assist in the preparation of any ad-hoc audits or reports as requested by Controller, Assistant Controller or Staff Accountant.
• Maintain good relationships and communication with all employees to promote effective internal controls and accurate financial records.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank Reconciliation
Apply to this job.Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 19262_9447_2163837
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.