Who is Cenlar?
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as a Senior Auditor.
The Auditors are responsible for executing assigned audit/validation activities and demonstrating skills in assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes (including the supporting application systems), identifying and evaluating the design of controls, and executing and documenting audit/validation tests. This role completes work in accordance with Cenlar’s audit methodology and applicable standards, defined plans, budgets, and schedules during the audit/validation process.
- Develops risk assessments, process flows/diagrams, and testing procedures for all areas of the company, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, agency, and regulatory guidelines and industry best practices.
- Assesses and reviews operational controls throughout Cenlar to ensure sound operating procedures and internal standards are in effect.
- Executes and documents audit/validation tests in alignment with audit procedures and IIA standards.
- Develops written summary of audit/validation findings.
- May review peer audit/validation documentation.
- Performs validation activities ensuring all controls address the root cause of the issue and are effectively operationalized.
- Performs “design of control” assessments and develops and executes test plans in accordance with Internal Audit methodology, standards and adherence to applicable compliance laws, regulations and/or guidance.
- Establishes working relationships with business process owner.
- Performs follow-up on open audit/validation items to ensure findings satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensures adherence to professional audit standards/guidelines.
- Supports special projects as directed by management.
- Supports continuous process improvement by identifying needs and opportunities; champion common audit process approaches; and recommends process changes to maintain the highest quality standards.
- 5+ years relevant or related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree and/or certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRCM, CAMS, MBA, etc.) preferred
- In depth understanding of Mortgage Servicing, QA/QC or Risk Management experience
- Ability to identify and quantify operational risk in the various functions
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed, and organized individual
- Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Strong interaction and people skills
- Ability to multitask and assess and change priorities
- Possess the ability to work independently and be able to recognize and escalate matters of attention appropriately and timely
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have the ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience
- Ongoing professional development to include 40 hours per year of continuing education, as approved by the Vice President of Internal Audit
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO.
Visit URL blocked - click to apply for more details.
Please apply online.
Attention To Detail
Institute Of Internal Auditors (Iia)