Due to increased success within the renewable energy - power delivery sector, Mott MacDonald is looking for an entry level transmission line civil engineer to join our team in Westwood, MA, Pittsburgh, PA, West Springfield, MA or Morgantown, WV.
The entry level civil engineer will work alongside senior engineers on a variety of medium to large scale power delivery projects and will be part of an interdisciplinary team that provides project management and engineering services to our clients.
- Assist with the development of the transmission line routing including considerations for trenched and trenchless crossings, splice vaults spacing and layout, and substation interconnections.
- Assist with the design of high voltage underground transmission lines, including concrete enclosed duct bank design, splice vaults design, material selection and construction specifications preparation.
- Work with CAD and GIS designers to develop drawing packages to support the design including route plan and profiles, trench cross sections, duct bank designs, and construction details.
- Assist the electrical team with supporting calculations and studies as required by the project scope of work.
- Assist with the preparation of project capital and operation expense estimates (CAPEX and OPEX).
- Assist with the management of project correspondence, RFIs coordination and file management.
- Work with an interdisciplinary project team comprised of civil, coastal, electrical, geotechnical, environmental and trenchless design members.
- Continuous improvement of engineering knowledge and professional skills.
To be considered for an entry level position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Successfully completed a Bachelor or Science degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- Internships within the consulting engineering industry preferred
- A genuine interest in engineering design related to Civil Engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized and a self starter
- Effective in both verbal and written communication.
- EIT Preferred
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute. Equal employment opportunity is the law.
English version , Spanish version , Chinese version . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
- Business Process Improvement