: Steam Generator Secondary Side Service TechnicianLocation
: Nationwide Support
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At WECTEC Staffing Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Westinghouse Electric Company LLC, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity to become part of our Field Services team! Who You Are:
The Steam Generator (SG) Secondary Side Service Technician will support the SG Visual Inspection and Foreign Material Retrieval Service, as well as, the SG Secondary Side Sludge Lance (Tubesheet Cleaning) Service. SG visual inspections will require the technician to remotely operate a robotic visual inspection system. The position will also include using manual visual inspection probes and cameras to locate and/or retrieve potential foreign material.
Foreign object search and retrieval is a highly specialized service used in the nuclear industry on steam generators. It is performed in any component in a nuclear power plant where foreign material may have the potential to cause damage to mechanical systems. Your Day-to-Day:
- Set up and connect control boxes for audio video system and robotic inspection system.
- Direct the running of cables and staging equipment
- Lead the installation and set-up of inspection equipment
- Perform inspections using manual video inspection probes
- Operate the robotic inspection system and audio/visual system
- Retrieve foreign material from steam generator using remote tooling
- Set up and operate sludge lance equipment
- Troubleshoot the equipment and processes associated with secondary side services
- When required, perform FME monitoring in accordance with approved procedures
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
- Mechanical Experience
- Robotic Training or Robotic Experience
- A Full Commitment to the Nuclear Safety Culture
- Nuclear Outage Experience Preferred
- Military Experience Preferred
- Strong Work Ethic
WECTEC Staffing Services provides customer-focused solutions with offerings ranging from high-volume and low-cost to specialized niche solutions, never compromising on delivering best-in-class customer service to both our clients and our employees each day.
Education Level High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience 0-2 YearsBenefits WECTEC Staffing Services offers competitive pay to all of our employees. Additionally, most positions qualify for benefits including the following:
• Competitive Pay
• Comprehensive Health and Income Protection Benefits
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Paid Vacations for Qualifying Positions
WECTEC Staffing Services continues to successfully place professional and technical resources into key roles globally. You can learn more by visiting www.wectecstaffing.com
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability
Notice Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Oil And Gas
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)