To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- East Lansing, MI
- Franklin Energy
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Franklin Energy • East Lansing, MI
Posted 30 days ago
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Outreach Lead is primarily responsible for providing management and leadership to a team of Energy Advisors who are assigned to one of Franklin Energy's energy efficiency programs. This position will also provide energy advice and coordination services for customers. Identify opportunities regarding energy efficiency and introduce the various prescriptive and custom incentive measures that pertain to the customer segment. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide management and leadership to an Energy Advisor team including managing day to day activities, managing team goals and objectives, assisting team in creatively meeting the goals of the program and resolution of customer service issues.
- Develop outreach plan with Program Manager to target key market segments in order to maximize team's attainment of efficiency goals. Adjust plan over time in response to changing market conditions.
- Coordinate outreach activities with the Marketing Department, prime contractors and utility client.
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies in the assigned territory.
- Work with building owners and property managers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up as required to the customers
- Responsible for all Accounting Department functions including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and payroll
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment -i.e. lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building & pipe insulation industrial processes.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects, collaborate with Energy Engineers as required.
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative.
- Be able to work in a team atmosphere, and willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered when deciding on this position
- 3-5 years of experience required in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management
- Previous experience managing staff performing proactive customer outreach activities
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer