To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ 85016
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Healthcare Audit Manager
RSM US LLP • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RSM is looking for a dynamic Audit Manager to join our Healthcare team in our Phoenix, AZ office. We have a rapidly growing practice with a diverse healthcare client base, providing excellent development and career advancement opportunities. RSM has designated healthcare as a priority industry for the firm, and is continuing to invest in people, technology, and thought leadership. We collaborate with major health care associations, such as the HFMA, HIMSS, and various state hospital associations. RSM US LLP has a great work and family life balance, with the ability to schedule any travel two to three months prior. At RSM US LLP you have the opportunity to have access to decision makers on a daily basis and you get the chance to see the entire audit process from the start. RSM US LLP also has an outstanding training program to help you move your career where you want it to go faster. Our brand is The Power of Being Understood and we want you to find your passion at RSM US LLP.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Assess risk along with design and communicate audit procedures to engagement teams
- Understand and utilize RSM’s Audit Methodology
- Manage multiple engagement teams and prepare end-of-engagement evaluations for staff
- Understand skillsets and capabilities of Senior Associates and Supervisors and monitor and review work product that they prepare and report on performance while articulating coaching notes throughout the process
- Identify technical accounting matters early and assess impact on financial statements; coordinate with firm specialists as needed
- Supervise Audit Seniors and Supervisors on engagement teams and function as an in-charge facilitating field work by monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the year to understand impact of significant developments in client’s business and assess impact on current year audit engagements
- Develop others within the Firm through facilitating levels based or industry training, advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Understand RSM’s lines of businesses, availability of services and where applicable, discuss with client management of opportunities to make valuable introductions to others in the firm
- Develop a strategy to utilize relationships external to the firm with different types of Centers of Influence to effectuate business growth
- Manage profitability of projects
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Keep abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm’s standards and policies
- Willingness to travel as needed based on client assignments
Standard Required Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA or CA Certification
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Experience leading teams and mentoring associates
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Minimum of 4 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
Standard Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience auditing healthcare and related organizations
- A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagement
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.