Bakery Counter Leads manage other Team Members, interact with customers on the sales floor and replenish products to ensure only the freshest are available. You'll be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well being. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: Satisfactory completion of job specific skills assessment; 6 to 12 months experience or successful completion of the Giant Eagle Apprenticeship program
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
- Have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish products in the bakery cases and displays — rotating products and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Accurately record special orders on bakery items to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining bakery cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
- Greet Guests
- Team Working