Job Title - Part Time Package Handler
To provide accurate sortation of freight to ensure timely delivery and tracking for Spee-Dee Delivery Service, Inc. customers.
Part-time Shift Options
* Tuesday - Saturday, 5am - 8am with possible afternoon shift options included.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Unloads each package by hand from fleet vehicles
* Scans barcode labels of each package as unloaded for tracking purposes
* Sorts each package by zip code, city, or state
* Stacks freight into trailers and routes in a manner to prevent damage and utilize space efficiently
* Washes fleet vehicles to maintain company image, as needed
* Performs light custodial duties to maintain a clean and safe warehouse environment
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Ability to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally and 50lbs repetitively. Some overhead lifting is required
* Ability to read labels at a fast pace
* Ability to work with all types of freight which include, but are not limited to: hazardous material, perishable food and alcohol, firearms, ammunition, and live animals
* Full range of motion with no limits on grasping, standing, squatting, stair climbing, walking, etc.
* Work environment may involve extreme temperature variations as well as other hazards such as: moving vehicles, rolling tracks, noises and exhaust fumes
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement
Spee-Dee Delivery Service, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Public Relations
- Stock Control
- Freight Forwarding