Requisition ID: 124512
Job Level: Internship
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
We are an innovative team of engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery. Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
This position is based out of Houston, Texas.
• Performs basic calculations under the supervision of a more senior engineer. Seeks out more experienced engineer for guidance and expertise.
• Has solid foundation of understanding and ability to use technical knowledge.
• Expand knowledge through training and work experience.
• Learn codes and standards to complete assignments.
• Perform non-routine technical assignments of limited scope.
• Pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering (with Structural emphasis), or Architectural Engineering (with Structural emphasis) or a degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
• Completed a fundamental of structural analysis course which includes computer application.
• Completed a strength of materials course with statics and dynamics application.
• Completed a fundamentals of steel design course and/or fundamentals of concrete design course.
• Should be comfortable with use of basic spreadsheet, database, and word processing programs.
• Must be familiar with basic structural analysis software, engineering software, and basic CADD software for reviewing drafter’s work.
• Highly desirable that the individual will have specific knowledge of SAP2000, MathCad, and Navisworks.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Sap 2000
- Computer Aided Design
- Steel Design
- Structural Analysis