Position Purpose and Objectives
This opportunity is flexible with remote work.
Work directly with members to provide loan options to meet their individual needs and maintain high Net Promoter Score (NPS). Negotiate terms and conditions as permitted by policy to ensure member satisfaction and receive member commitment. Respond to member inquires in a timely manner. Secure a complete and accurate loan application and verify that the agreed upon terms meet loan prequalification. Send accurate loan disclosures, following up with members to receive signed initial disclosures. Keep loan file updated with notes and complete a loan summary prior to sending the file to processing. Communicate with buyer and seller realtors throughout the loan process to develop strategic relationships with realtor contacts. Communicate with underwriting and processing personnel to ensure satisfaction of required documentation and requested stipulations to ensure loan closing. Assist in escalated decision related situations. Discuss rate lock options with members and lock loan rate with rate lock desk. Build relationships with borrowers to develop a base of members who will drive referral business to the Credit Union.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
1. Loan Production:
• Manage inbound phone inquiries specific to obtaining new loan applications, for all Credit Union real estate loan products.
• Identify potential members and non-members that would benefit from a Real Estate loan. Work prospect lists, self-generated or management provided, tracking progress and success. Determine and discuss the most beneficial loan options with the prospective borrower. Secure loan application and verify agreed upon terms to meet loan approval. Manage inbound phone inquiries specific to obtaining new loan applications, internal refinance applications, and internal modification requests.
• Make outbound calls members and non-members to generate loan production.
• Develop relationships with members and realtors to build a loan pipeline that results in consistent monthly loan production.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all loan products and pricing available to the Credit Union.
2. Loan Pipeline Management and Communication:
• Provide timely follow up to member inquiries.
• Establish a relationship with the member and follow up on loan pipeline to ensure borrower commitment to the Credit Union loan product.
• Provide clear expectations to set a sense of urgency with the borrower and all parties involved in the loan transaction.
• Call the member and realtor if applicable post loan consummation to thank member for loan opportunity and ask for referral business.
• Note loan file to document all communication with all parties to the loan transaction.
• Provide a loan summary for the processor and underwriter summarizing the loan.
• Communicate professionally with all parties to the loan transaction in a timely manner.
• Send 10 day incomplete application letter, cancel loan applications when applicable. Notify underwriting staff regarding loan denials.
• Keep a clean pipeline of committed borrowers.
3. Application Process:
• Ensure loan application is complete and accurate.
• Perform detailed interview of the member to ensure all information provided from the member verbally is accurate.
• Complete automated underwriting, review underwriting findings and communicate items needed from the member to complete the loan transaction.
• Provide a loan prequalification and send accurate disclosures. Review all disclosures for completeness and accuracy prior to sending to the borrower.
• Ensure member privacy, security of files and appropriate staff access.
• Collect and review signed loan disclosures from the member and send loan file to processing.
Additional duties as assigned.
Positions directly supervised: Yes
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility with a high level of success. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to adhere to CUTX quality service standards.
- Strong work ethic.
- Aptitude for learning.
- Strong analytical skills and decision making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines.
- Possess a working knowledge of mortgage loan underwriting concepts, techniques, terminology, loan products and regulatory guidelines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high volume, sometimes stressful work environment while maintaining a positive temperament.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Excellent negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- General knowledge of income/asset documentation and calculations.
- Must be able to successfully work with a team and possess strong people skills.
- Must be able to handle members and third party vendors in a professional manner.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desired.
Education and Experience:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree or some college coursework in Business administration, Finance, Real Estate, or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years real estate lending experience. A knowledge of Conventional (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac), Government (FHA, VA), and Texas Home Equity loans is preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must have the ability to obtain a NMLS license with in the first 30 days of employment. Must not be on an agency watch list or banned list to include but not limited to HUD, FNMA, FHMC or NCUA
Physical Activities and Requirements of this Position
Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Using fingers and palm on an object.
Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Average Visual Abilities
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently talk or hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands or arms. The employee will occasionally, stand and walk, climb or balance, and stoup, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions of this Position
None. No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
Mental Activities and Requirements of this Position
Reasoning Ability: The ability to use common sense or logic.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Mathematical Ability: The level of ability required to perform math skills and operations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and income.
Language Ability: The level of ability required to communicate and understand written and oral language.
Read at a fast-paced rate; and define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation. Ability to write moderate to complex documents. Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tenses and strong vocabulary. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Hardworking And Dedicated