Careers at VPay, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. VPay is digitizing complex claims payment processes, allowing people to access their funds faster than ever before. Here, we will leverage your talents along with our technology and financial expertise to streamline claims processes across health and dental plans, auto and property insurance, worker’s compensation and third-party administrators. Our great products need great people like you. We invite you to take your career to the next level with a team that works every day to improve the lives of others. Be prepared to bring your spirit for ingenuity and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As part of our development team as a Senior Software Developer, you will play a significant part in helping shape our platform and establish best practices as we modernize and move to the Cloud. You will be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle with an emphasis on architecture, design, quality, and implementation, and will provide contributions to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance.
VPay offers competitive compensation based on experience, an excellent benefits package, and a fantastic work environment that is high energy, dynamic and progressive. VPay was also named to Dallas Morning News’ “Top 100 Places to Work” in both 2019 & 2020 based on survey data from our employees.
Corporate office located in Plano, TX. If you are located in TX, FL, KS, MI, NJ, OH, TN or UT, you will work as a telecommuter.
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major data processing and transformation applications and systems
- Design and develop .NET Core Web API applications using C# and hosted in Linux
- Using RabbitMQ or equivalent for message-based communication between applications
- Managing source code under Git version control
- Write T-SQL queries and perform data modeling
- Mentor Developers and providing guidance when necessary
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies
- Perform code reviews and participate in defining & ensuring adherence to coding standards
- Provide development estimate on stories and tasks
- Support and maintain existing and new applications
- Attend/Facilitate meetings with users regarding requirements when appropriate
- Unit test and debug programs as necessary
- Remain current on information technology and techniques
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of C#.NET development
- 5+ years of SQL query development
- 3+ years of Web API / REST API experience
- 3+ years of source control management (git, SVN, TFS etc.)
- 3+ years of Agile and/or Kanban methodology
- Experience in architecting, building, and launching software products and services
- Ability to learn and then use and explain relevant industry standard data formats in the areas of banking, HealthCare, Business to Business relations. Examples include ACH, 835, 1099, SSAE16
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Experience with applications in Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with large transformation or modernization projects
- Skilled multitasker with excellent listening skills
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal direction
- Ability to use established application design patterns, improve them and develop new ones
- Strong sense of personal responsibility & ownership for the solution
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: C# .NET Developer, Software Developer, C#, .NET, SQL Queries, API, REST API, Git, SVN, TFS, Agile, Kanban, Jacksonville, FL, Wichita, KS, Detroit, MI, Vineland, NJ, Columbus, OH, Nashville, TN, Plano, TX, Salt Lake City, UT, Florida, Kansas, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH