This individual must have excellent technical troubleshooting skills in a heterogeneous environment. The ability to work across multiple IT Teams, constantly reprioritize work and follow IT best practices is a must. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Associates degree or higher with a Technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science preferred, 4-6 six year equivalent on the job experience and certifications.
• Previous experience in a Desktop Support role preferred.
• Position relies highly on interpersonal communication skills that include inbound and outbound calls to assist users, translating issues from users into actionable input for IT personnel to use to remedy incidents.
• Ability to communicate with multiple technical levels, from novice users to application developers. Must be able to clearly articulate ideas and knowledge as well as act as an intermediary between higher level support and customer base.
• Experience in creating, deleting, and maintaining records and accounts in Active Directory.
• Experience with troubleshooting and using Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with managing accounts in Microsoft Exchange or Office365 is preferred.
• Prior experience with Service Now or other enterprise class service management offerings.
• Ability to dynamically manage conflicting priorities and multitask based on situation.
• Understanding of ITIL methodologies, including change control.
• Ability to effectively provision, install/configure, operate and maintain system hardware and software and related infrastructure.
• Participation in the technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
• Demonstrated and proven troubleshooting methodology. Must have experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
• Ability to ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to established standards.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Ability to develop system and service related process maps as well as lead cross-training exercises.
• Ability and desire to participate in the development of Global systems, support and processes that align with the organizations international geographic footprint.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: (desired but not required)
• MCITP, MCSE
• CompTIA A+
• The physical demands of the job representative of essential functions to perform the position. These demands will vary based on the position and if there are specific requirements they are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsibilities require working on-call evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- Ability to lift servers or other equipment up to 20 pounds
- No regular travel required