UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Small Business, Account Executive is responsible for broker/consultant medical and specialty sales to customers in the 2-50 employee range. The role encompasses sales to new, fully insured and level funded business.
In this role, the Account Executive will be accountable for prospecting from pre-sale to successful implementation, where the Account Executive will be responsible for structuring and running their own book of business, building relationships with their assigned brokers, meeting and exceeding sales targets and activity metrics. Successful Account Executive's will be able to demonstrate profound market knowledge and sales acumen in the markets they serve.
If you are located in MN or TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identifies opportunities for specialty/enterprise products on all new sales
- Negotiate with underwriting when necessary
- Understand and effectively selling multiple products, requiring knowledge of Health Care Reform guidelines and how they differ between level funded and specialty products
- Develop and maintain solid broker/consultant relationships, telephonically, including market-leading responsiveness in a virtual environment
- Properly setting broker and customer expectations for all internal turn-around times
- Knowledgeable around market competition and trends
- Ability to accurately forecast sales activity
- Leverage technology to build and manage effective, consultative relationships that drive sales activity
- Accurate reporting of activity and results through CRM tool
- Maintain and cultivate sound internal relationships with matrix partners
- Present market data and results to health plan leadership, including competitor intelligence, pipeline activity and forecasting
- Requires professional presentation skills both in-person and remotely
- Motivated to proactively engage and seek training opportunities to maintain success in current role
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years equivalent experience in healthcare sales/accountment management field
- 3+ years of account management/sales experience
- 3+ years of experience using communications and interpersonal skills (internal/external)
- 3+ years of experience preparing and presenting materials to clients
- 3+ years of experience working in partnership with underwriting and finance
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis
- 3+ years of proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25% as required
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- Healthcare sales experience
- Ancillary product knowledge
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.