Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
Coordinates the flow of information and any applicable equipment and supplies between the patient/referral source, benefit verification team and clinical departments. Provides accurate and consistent data entry in the electronic medical record. Functions as support for the location by working with other departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of medication, equipment and supplies. Participates in the branch inventory control program, including, but not limited to, purchasing and equipment maintenance responsibilities.
- Assists in the in the set up and distribution of medication, equipment and supplies.
- Supports the intake department on new patient referrals, helping to ensure the accuracy of information collected.
- Keeps current on medication, equipment and supply coverage criteria, including billing and diagnosis codes.
- Communicates coordination of care information with team members, patients/caregivers, referral sources and home health agencies.
- Assists in performance of physical inventory as requested.
- Maintains organized file system for document tracking and patient management/follow up.
- Orders DME and medical supplies in a cost effective manner and communicate basic function of equipment and proper use (some locations).
- Ensures compliance with any applicable State and/or Federal laws, accrediting requirements and company policies.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Works independently on other projects as assigned.
- Completes Company mandated and position specific training assignments timely and according to policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No.
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
BASIC EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or GED required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and keyboarding skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with branch departments and department team members.
- Ability to promote a compassionate, caring, customer service oriented culture by operating in a professional and collaborative fashion.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems.
- Displays a neat, clean, professional appearance or demeanor at all times.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as supply quantities.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
This role does not have travel requirements.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three years of related healthcare experience preferred.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.