Integrated Medical Group, PC - Dr. GillWork Location:
In person, Pottstown-ElversonPosition:
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary
Assist the Physician providing quality orthopedic care within the scope of practice as defined by the Pennsylvania Board of Medicine. Provide Clerical Support to Practice as needed.Responsibility and Duties:
- Greet patients in waiting room and direct them to a treatment room.
- Document and review patient's medical history, surgical history, current medication, and allergies.
- Take and document patient's vital signs.
- Assist Physician or Physician's Assistant with examination and treatment of patient.
- Assist Physician or Physician's Assistant with use of ultrasound equipment during injections or diagnostic procedures.
- Prepare injections according to Physician instruction and safety standards.
- Cast removal and/or application as instructed by Physician or Physician's Assistant.
- Assist Physician or Physician's Assistant in minor procedures including, but not limited to: incision, drainage, joint aspirations, and suture/staple removal.
- Fit patient with bracing and instruct on proper usage. Complete appropriate documentation for DME.
- Provide patient education on diagnosis and treatment.
- Function as a liaison between the patient, Physician to meet the need of the patient.
- Assist nursing staff with patient documentation including, but not limited to: DME paperwork, school excuses, work restrictions, and EMR documentation.
- Complete patient requested paperwork. Including, but not limited to: Short term disability forms, FMLA paperwork, work capability forms, and requests for documents from insurance organizations.
- Collect and Prepare specimens including documentation and contacting courier for delivery to lab.
- Address Triage, ToDo and other patient care in timely manner.
- Review any and all incoming patient documents with Physician or Physician' Assistant.
- Scan paper documents into EHR and route appropriately.
- Route incoming faxes to appropriate clinician.
- Distribute messages to appropriate provider.
- Answer phones in a timely manner and triage to appropriate personnel.
- Schedule patients for appointments including but not limited to: consult requests, follow-ups, and advanced imaging.
- Collect copays and payments. Document appropriately.
- Verify insurance and enter correctly into the EMR
- Complete medical record requests with gathering all documentation and distributing to the correct facility.
- Insure patient respect and protect privacy as outlined by Integrated Medical Group, PC Policy and Procedures, as well as HIPAA regulations.
- Report problems with equipment or office space to Practice Administrator.
- Maintain open communication with Practice Administrator regarding patient flow.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned by Practice Administrator.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
- Health Care
- Medical Records
- Occupational Safety And Health