Reporting to the Clinic Supervisor, and working as part of a treatment team, the Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry will assess patients' mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints and diagnose psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions.
The ideal candidate will;
- Be a seasoned NPP with experience in community psychiatry.
- Have familiarity working with our population and severe and persistent mental illness.
- Prescribe in a setting treating clients with substance use disorders.
- Have experience working with clients who encounter homelessness and are disenfranchised.
- Have experience working in a high paced environment and able to meet with clients in 20 minute increments.
- A Registered Professional Nurse who is prepared for advanced nursing practice by virtue of knowledge and skills obtained through an accredited post basic or advanced educational program of study acceptable to the Board of Nurse Examiners. A Master's degree in nursing is preferred.
- Three years of nursing experience is required and two years of advanced practice is preferred. Certification by a national nursing body is recommended.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in New York State and credentialed by the State to practice as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner. Prescriptive authority is recommended.
- Experience with outreach to underserved populations and direct service to people with serious and persistent mental illness.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
Registered Nurse Certified