At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Development Engineer identifies and develops large-scale energy services and energy asset projects for municipal and state governments, colleges and universities, public school districts, healthcare, commercial, public housing and industrial customers. Provides technical and financial analysis of energy conservation and renewable energy measures for projects under consideration. Evaluates existing conditions and conceptualizes energy and cost saving opportunities at customer facilities. Assumes lead role in the project development process. Acts as the Project Engineer on some assignments and works collaboratively with the Project Manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Conducts ASHRAE Level II and III energy audits and prepares written proposals for potential energy conservation upgrades, including detailed analyses of costs and savings.
Leads and performs engineering tasks associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas.
Develops preliminary designs and estimates of cost and energy savings for projects involving a variety of energy conservation measures at customer's facilities, by providing technical expertise and implementation recommendations to the customer.
Develops large-scale lighting and water conservation projects, with an emphasis on auditing capabilities, specification / design and energy calculations. Oversee, review and evaluate 3rd party design intents and QC all submissions for cost reasonableness, savings and constructability.
Expert in current lighting technologies with the ability to audit, design and manage the implementation of the prescribed measures in various types of construction, up to and including street & highway applications.
Well versed in the use of current energy calculation software.
Demonstrates leadership in the area of safety. This requires observing and enforcing safety rules and practices, encouraging safe work behaviors, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behaviors, which may lead to accidents.
Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
Implements company project control processes to develop projects in accordance with established cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Requires substantial / full time presence at various project locations. Will act as the Project Engineer where assigned.
• Customer Focus: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; prioritize customer needs.
• Relationship Management: Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns, build and maintain long term associations based on trust; help others.
• Negotiation: Able to obtain agreement from multiple parties; earn trust while working out a deal; use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining; communicate high value of services; identify hidden agendas that might interfere with resolutions of terms.
• Team Work: Must have the ability to interface effectively with all parties involved in the project, including clients, sales force, vendors, contractors, co-workers, and corporate management.
• Planning, Prioritizing, and Goal Setting: Able to prepare for emerging customer needs; manage multiple projects; use goals to guide actions and create detailed actions plans; organize and schedule people and tasks.
• Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines, establishing high standards and measures.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
• Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
• Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
2. Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering.
3. Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
4. Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
5. Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED Accreditation preferred, or on a path to obtain such registrations, certifications or accreditations.
6. Knowledge and demonstrated ability to develop complex energy conservation projects.
7. Detailed knowledge of heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), electrical systems, building automation systems and process related systems in commercial, industrial, governmental, and hospital buildings.
8. Knowledge of renewable and distributed generation solutions
9. Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, life cycle cost analyses.
10. Proficiency on the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and project database applications.
1. Graduate degree or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
2. Licensed Professional Engineer
3. Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Eight or more years of Professional Engineering experience.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]
Product Quality Assurance