To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenbelt, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
SGT Inc • Greenbelt, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Buyer will be responsible for awarding, administering and closing Fixed Price purchase orders for a wide range of commercial materials and services. Under general supervision, solves complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of field and industry best practices. Uses experience and problem solving skills to develop and improve processes. May provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Compile information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of services, material, or supplies in accordance with corporate policies and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Review all order requirements, conduct market research to promote competition to the maximum extent, review and approve all sole source justifications, develop and prepare solicitation documents (Request for Quote)
- Negotiate price, order specifications, delivery dates, incentives and other terms and conditions.
- Conduct a thorough price analysis as required by the FAR and procurement procedures
- Prepare all required file documentation, including but not limited to, procurement summary and Purchase Order
- Ensure delivery, payment and completion of all orders
- Implement FAR, DFAR requirements as related to procurement.
- Prepare documentation summary and cost/price analysis.
- Protect the company’s interest and ensure compliance with company policies, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Elevate any potential risks to management
- Review and administer purchases to ensure satisfactory progress and compliance with terms and conditions of the purchase order, and to identify problems that threaten contractor performance; collect end-user feedback and identify areas requiring improvements or corrective action; recommend actions when vendor is not in compliance with purchase order clauses and provisions, or issue corrective action plan as required
- Manages change orders in support of customer demands and all other aspects of day-to-day purchase order administration
- Assist with department training requirements when requested.
- Complete other requirements and as requested by management
- BS Degree and 3-5 years or HS and 7 years of experience in the acquisition of services and material in support of US Government contracts to include but not limited to: acquisition of mechanical and electronic parts, Software and various support services.
- Must have good understanding of FAR regulations
- Must be organized, detail oriented and demonstrate strong time management skills and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage shifting priorities.
- Must be able to develop and maintain professional relationships with peers, vendors and customers, and contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills. Experience with Deltek Costpoint is a plus.