To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roseland, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assurance Senior Associate
CohnReznick LLP • Roseland, NJ
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity in the Assurance team located in our Roseland, NJ office. We are looking for an experienced Senior Associate to join our team.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
The Assurance Senior works directly with Managers and Partners of the firm. We help our Assurance Senior Associates grow and develop their career through collaborative workgroups and mentoring across peers and managers. Seniors are instrumental in mentoring and developing Associate level staff, and is the primary lead on client engagements walkthroughs, reviewing workpapers, and helping to identify/resolve audit issues. Your focus will initially be on the following 3 areas:
- Audit and Accounting
- Task and Engagement Management
- Personal and Professional Development
Assurance Senior Associates review and prepare financial statements, footnotes, and work papers. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. The Assurance Senior effectively analyzes client transactions, recognizing potential or existing problems, conducts appropriate research, and works closely with managers on resolving the issue.
Specific duties include:
- Understanding the purpose of accounting and general ledger recording procedures.
- Performing accounting procedures and/or tax applications in accordance with firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner, including proposing journal entries to client general ledgers
- Serving as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
- Developing a detailed engagement work plan, illustrating budgets and schedules
- Monitoring project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to managers and/or partners
- Developing a professional relationship with the client and serve as the primary point-of-contact
- Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit is highly desirable
- Minimum 2 - 3 years audit & accounting experience in a public accounting arena
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
- Knowledge of FAR and CAS
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, ProSystems or GoSystems, and Caseware experience a plus
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.