Senior UX/UI Designer
CoStar Group is the leading of information, marketing, and analytic services to the US commercial real estate industry. We are currently seeking an UI/UX Designer to join our team in our Washington, DC headquarters. As a member of the Product Design team you will collaborate with product managers, executives, subject matter experts, and developers to successfully design interactive web and mobile applications that will define the look and feel of our growing brand and products. You’ll help shape all aspects of the look and feel of cross platform applications from desktop, mobile web and native mobile apps. This will include sketching, user research, prototyping, user testing, and final interface design. Experience designing responsive web & mobile applications is a must. The UX/UI Designer should be able to work in an agile and iterative environment. Initial concepts will be discussed, challenged, and refined to reach final designs, with input from several stakeholders.
- Produce designs to help the product team understand the desired customer experience, including high-fidelity wireframes, flows, prototypes, etc.
- Create intuitive interfaces and interaction layers using best practices, the latest web trends and all available tools to augment the user experience
- Coordinate with product managers, executives, and SMEs to incorporate specific design requirements, visual treatment, and organize information
- Approve development team implementation of approved designs when necessary.
- Create design standards and style guides for products, reports, infographics, and video content
- Bachelor’s degree in human computer interaction, visual arts, graphic design, product design, related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience with human-computer interaction, usability and user interface design, and/or visual design
- Proficiency in design tools & prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Omnigraffle, etc
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery for rapid prototyping a plus
- Excels at balancing usability with great design
- Strong abilities in sketching, prototyping, and evaluating interaction design.
- Knowledge of the best practices for interaction design for cross-platform devices and applications.
- Possession of excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with team members at all levels, including upper management, analysts, economists, data scientists, and sales people
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced agile environment
- Enjoy working with data, information and presentation concepts and working with other smart, data driven people.
- An interest in real estate a plus
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
User Interface Design