JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organization tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides Information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic services. Responsibilities include but not limited to assistance with the delivery of coordination, monitoring the goals of the patient, and documenting health status.
Works with a designated caseload of patients within the associated practice groups. Supporting targeted interventions to avoid hospitalization and emergency room visits. Coordinates care across settings and helps patient/families understand health care goals. Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS
1. Current Missouri Registered Nurse license or LPN License as required by location.
2. Registered Nurse experience - Two years of experience with adult medicine and pediatric patients in primary care/ambulatory care, home health agency, skilled nursing facility, or hospital medical-surgical setting, within the past three years.
3. LPN experience - a minimum of Five years’ primary care practice experience with adult medicine and pediatric patients in a primary care/family practice setting.
4. Knowledge of chronic conditions, evidence based guidelines, prevention, wellness, health risk, and patient education.
5. Critical thinking skills and ability to analyze complex data sets. Ability to identify complex clinical issues utilizing assessment skills and protocols.
6. Demonstrates excellent communication--both verbal and written.
7. Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
8. Ability to affect change, work as a productive and effective team member, and adapt to changing needs/priorities.
9. Time management, priority setting, and work organization skills.
10. Effective computer skills.
11. Care management experience preferred.
12. Experience as participant in continuous quality improvement preferred.
13. Completion of self-management support training preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
Licensed Practical Nurse