You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Provides support services, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff in accordance with state regulations, assists the client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort according to the patient's plan of care.
- Provides personal care services per state/federal rules, regulations, and/or standards.
- Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to the performance of specific techniques of personal and supportive care such as ambulation of clients, transferring clients, assisting with the normal range of motion and positioning and doing household chores.
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, including shopping and assisting with feeding, as assigned.
- Performs homemaking and other environmental services as assigned.
- Observes, reports and documents any changes in patient's status. If unable to perform a certain task, reports to the primary nurse.
- Understands basic elements of body functioning and reports changes in patient's body functions as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriate emergency procedures per care center policy.
- Follows care center procedures regarding infection control, handling of hazardous wastes, and safety measures.
- Accurately documents care provided and submits notes and other required documents per care center policy.
- Follows specific written instructions for personal care prepared by a registered nurse in accordance with the Plan of Care. Written instructions are to be received prior to the delivery of services.
- Assists patient with prescribed exercises as instructed per nurse or therapist.
- Provides respite for patient's family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Performs and records simple urine tests for sugar, acetone, and albumin.
- Attends funerals/call hours when appropriate as assigned by the bereavement coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current state certification (or registration) as a nurse assistant as per state certification/registration requirements.
- Has not had a consecutive 24-month lapse in furnishing services for compensation; if so, the
- individual must complete another training and competency program before providing services.
- Meets federal/state requirements for this position. Hospice Aide (HA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 418.76. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the care center.
- Upon hire, will have completed one of the following:
- Training (at least 75-hours) and competency evaluation, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 42CFR 418.76 (b) (c).
- A competency evaluation program that meets the requirements of 42CFR 418.76 (c).
- A nurse aide (at least 75-hours) training and competency evaluation program approved by the State as meeting the requirements of sect; 483.151 through sect; 483.154, and is currently listed in good standing on the State nurse aide registry.
- A State licensure program [42CFR 418.76(a)(1)(iv)].
- Current CPR certification.
- Six (6+) months direct patient care experience within the timeframe of two (2) years, in an institution or care center setting.
State Specific Qualifications:
Refer to the Hospice Aide State Matrix click HERE.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Health Care
- Infection Control
- Mechanical Engineering
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gf0esu7
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.