To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison Heights, MI 48071
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
endevis • Madison Heights, MI
Posted 2 months ago
Endevis talent acquisition is working with a large and complex manufacturing company in greater Detroit to assist in finding a Finance Supervisor. The Finance Supervisor is responsible for support of all areas relating to accounting functions, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and maintaining a strong internal control structure
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Support accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close reporting through Hyperion Financial Management templates
- Ensure proper accounting treatment of revenue recognition on both a percentage-of-completion and completed contract basis including the reporting of job costing, WIP reporting, and labor and overhead reporting.
- Completes, in conjunction with management, legal and financial reporting, the review of contracts and corresponding reporting
- Support the resolution of accounting issues, fund requests, customer collections, vendor payments, non-routine transactions, and other items as required
- Interface with other departments to verify transaction report data and issues.
- Assist and Monitor in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the departments
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting activities and complete ad hoc analyses
- Review SOX, FCPA, and corporate compliance issues as they pertain to accounting and the overall business.
- Support internal, 401K, and external audit requests.
- Assumes additional responsibilities, performs special projects as needed or directed by operations and finance management.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA considered a plus
- Minimum of five years prior experience in the accounting/financial reporting areas with a minimum of three years in a manufacturing environment
- Must be knowledgeable in US GAAP as well as establishing and maintaining a strong internal control structure
- High degree of accuracy and knowledge in analysis of profit drivers and working capital
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experienced with ERP systems (Job Boss or Epicor a plus) and Hyperion Financial Management is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Problem solving skills required
- Self-managed and accountable
- Positive attitude
- Management of Financial Resources
- Economics and Accounting
- Administration and Management