To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc. • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Huen Electric, a subsidiary of MYR Group one of the leading electrical contractors in the nation is looking for an Estimator to join their Chicago, IL team!
Huen Electric founded in 1983 has earned a reputation as a dynamic, proactive, and resourceful electrical contracting and engineering company. Huen's high level of commitment to clients and the community has helped the company build a loyal customer base.
So why should you apply to be an Estimator with Huen Electric? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Estimators receive excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K.
So what are you waiting for, come build yourself with us!
The estimator is an integral part of the electrical construction process and ensures competitiveness, profitability and growth.
An electrical construction background is essential to being successful within this position.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Contribute to strategic initiatives
- Be aware of new labor saving items introduced to the industry and related matters
- Electronic document management
- Estimate projects (complete estimate assignments thoroughly and on time)
- Maintain relationships with customers
- Attend pre-bid meetings and walk-throughs prior to bid
- Obtain pricing from vendors on projects and ensure that sufficient pricing has been received for comparison purposes
- Be aware of current pricing of material
- After award of project, assist in breakdown of estimate information into categories required for the project manager
- Maintain relationships with vendors for various materials and systems needed for estimates
- Assist other divisions as needed
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external customers
- Distribute information to suppliers for pricing as directed
- Solicit subcontractor proposals
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year estimating experience
- Good math skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy (spreadsheets, word processing, scheduling)
- Electricity and electrical industry codes and guidelines
- Understanding AccuBid Estimating Software
- Listen and understand as related to estimating and construction industry
- Be productive and provide good quality work with minimum of direct supervision
- Positive attitude and appearance
- Team player
- Confidence and ability to complete assignments
- Punctual and dependable
- Conscientious and goal oriented
- Able to set priorities to achieve required goals
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.