ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading service organization in the non-profit market and they're looking to hire an Accountant. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTANT (Non-Profit):
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
• Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
• Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
• Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
• Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures. Job Requirements
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE ACCOUNTANT (Non-Profit) ROLE:
• BS in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent business experience
• Minimum of 5 years related business experience
• Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures in non-profit accounting
• Proven ability to meet daily and monthly deliverables
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
• Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
• Public accounting experience, a plus
• Proficiency with non-profit accounting software systems, a plus
Please email resume for immediate consideration.