Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
- Under the direction of the Systems Engineering Manager this Tier IV senior level position focuses on design, implementation, support, and management of complex IT storage systems for both temporary and long-term storage needs. The storage environments support the most/all of HHC applications, including Epic electronic medical record system (EMR).
- Level IV is the final escalation point within the Technical Support Organization. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by levels 1, 2, & 3 support staff are escalated to the Level IV. This role is capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues. This position works closely with Engineers, Administrators, Field Support, Development and Service Desk.
- Part of a talented team of architects, engineers, and administrators delivering mission critical infrastructure ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
- Fast-paced environment is largely virtualized, scalable architecture, supporting the entire enterprise consisting of over 3,000 Windows servers.
- This challenging position will present complex problems and requires a highly skilled Engineer able to operate independently as well as within a team.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise across several diverse competencies focused on storage, but including networking, virtualization, enterprise system solutions, and ability to translate technical product and architecture to all levels. Possess strong ability and knowledge to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
- Researches new and emerging technologies, this includes/applies to “net new” as well as refreshes and would include both on premise and off premise solutions.
- Keeps current on vendor product/technology road maps for products currently deployed in the environment.
- Contributes to RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, TCOs, ROIs, Best Practices, and process/procedure.
- Architects work with stakeholders, leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets. The role of the architect is to take this knowledge and ensure that the business and IT are in alignment.
- Links the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its IT strategy, and documents this using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of HHC will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptive manner.
- Responsible for:
- Creation/maintenance of all Guidelines defining storage standards.
- Enterprise storage documentation and diagrams, including single pane of glass view of environment, as-builts and architecture.
- Monthly reporting for each platform with trending.
- Dashboard(s) development and modifications.
** 10+ years’ experience in relevant enterprise roles is highly desired
** Previous experience with Epic is also highly desired
Desired personal traits or abilities
- Natural leader & mentor
- Excels in “grey areas”, succeeds in complicated political and technical situations
- Thrives in high energy/ fast paced environments and projects
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships with all levels of personnel, customers, suppliers, consultants - both internally and externally
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and drive to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous environment
- Ability to create and communicate an accurate schedule
- Willingness to learn to work with the tools and solutions selected by the team
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in this position
- Insatiable curiosity to understand and improve the state of the art
Desired Technical Competencies
- Epic Healthcare software and systems
- Converged and hyper-converged technologies:
- VCE VxBlock 740
- Dell EMC VxRail
- VMWare Virtualization including VDI, vROPs, vRA, LogInsight, vSAN
- Comprhensive understanding of data storage components and protocols, both block (FC, iSCSI) and file (NFS, SMB)
- In-depth understanding of IT processes and technologies related to backup and recovery
- In-depth knowledge of storage concepts and architecture across Brocade, Cisco, Dell EMC, Hitachi Vantara and PureStorage including the following platforms/technologies:
- Dell EMC ATMOS Cloud Delivery Platform
- Dell EMC Clariion VNX: 5500, 5600, 5700
- Dell EMC Clariion VNXe3200
- Dell EMC Centera Gen4LP
- Dell EMC Converged Infrastructure (fka VCE, VxBlock)
- Dell EMC Isilon
- Dell EMC Isilon InsightIQ
- Dell EMC Isilon SyncIQ
- Dell EMC MirrorView
- Dell EMC PowerMax
- Dell EMC RecoverPoint
- Dell EMC Unity 300
- Dell EMC VPLEX
- Dell EMC XtremIO
- Brocade DCX Director
- Brocade FC Switches: 300, 6510
- Cisco MDS 9513 Director
- Cisco MDS 9100 Switches: 9124, 9148
- Cisco MDS 922i Switch
- Cisco MDS 9396 Switch
- Cisco MDS 9706 Director
- Hitachi Vantara – Hitachi Data Ingestor (HDI)
- Hitachi Vantara – Hitachi Content Intelligence/Hitachi Content Monitor (HCI/HCM)
- Hitachi Vantara – Hitachi Content Platform (HCP): G10, S10
- Hitachi Vantara – Hitachi Network Attached Storage (HNAS): HNAS 4060
- Hitachi Vantara – VSP G Series (200, 600)
- Load Balancing/Multi-Pathing Software (MPxIO, PowerPath)
- PureStorage ActiveCluster
- Pure/Cisco Converged Infrastructure (FlashStack)
- PureStorage FlashArray: M20, X50R2
- Superna Eyeglass
- Manager-On Call rotation
- The escalation point for issues being escalated from Level I, II, and III support staff
- Responsible for reproducing / confirming system defects and reporting such defects to the appropriate teams
- Provide training to Level I, II, and III support and act as a mentor to junior support engineers.
- Provide “on-site” support to HHC customers as needed.
- Provide after-hours coverage as part of an on-call rotation schedule for SLA support as needed.
- Ensure that all Engineers are informed and current of all enhancements/ latest releases and sharing that information with the organization.
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise
- An active member of the IT Change Advisory Board, the IT Configuration Control Board, and the IT Incident Review Board.
- Optimization of information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Long-term strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems.
- Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Work with other leads to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs.
- Management of the risks associated with information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies.
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
- Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science and/or a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, SAN and other enterprise technologies
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, as well as strong listening skills.
- Possesses strong customer relation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must speak fluent English
- Perform in an effective and timely manner all the tasks required.
- Exhibit above average reasoning ability by clearly defining problems, analyzing data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Represent HHC in a professional manner, especially when providing on-site support.
- Methodically resolve the more difficult and complex production issues reported by customers and partners.
- Familiarity with project management
- Participate in weekly 24/7 on-call and monthly downtime rotation to support new and existing applications across multiple HealthCare facilities.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Time management and prioritization
- Ability to communicate effectively, develop successful relationships with coworkers and management at all levels within the organization. Ability to work effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to develop alternative solutions to a posed problem or conflict; ability to independently plan, organize, develop, prioritize, and execute decisions.
- High degree of accuracy, efficiency, and dependability in a fast-paced environment; strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently, manages priorities, and meets deadlines.
- Ability to use personal computer and related software; including knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Working knowledge of general information technology policies and procedures.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Ability to maintain records and filing systems
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Process improvement and quality skills
- Project management skills
- Storage industry vendor certifications a plus
- Attends all mandatory education and training programs (including department specific) and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance as well as department safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Maintains all required CEUs for certifications and licensure.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment, according to the HHC and/or Department Appearance Policy and a high standard of personal cleanliness is maintained.
- Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance, based upon the department attendance policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Internet Small Computer System Interface (Iscsi)