Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. Join our Questcare primary care practice in Arlington, Texas!Responsibilities
THE FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS SUCH AS SCHEDULING, RECEPTION, FRONT END REVENUE CYCLE, AND OTHER PHYSICIAN OFFICE TASKS AS ASSIGNED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on completion of paperwork, verifying patients' insurance if applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside records.
• Collects copayments, coinsurance, and self-pay payments; documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles payments taken with reports.
• Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable reports, identifying no-show patients and communicating with appropriate personnel, completing daily batching tasks, and other office close procedures.
• Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone calls and messages as required.
• Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior to service.
• Communicates with Medical Assistants to ensure efficient patient flow through the office and proper documentation of visits.
• Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer service for all callers.
• Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines.
• Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols. Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable.
• Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and electronic medical records.
• Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate sections of the electronic medical record.
• Maintains and orders office supplies. Assures all items ordered are received and follows up on incomplete orders.
• Assists manager in gathering data for various reports.
• Assists physician(s) with daily needs.
• Coordinates patient documentation for billing with business office.
• Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when needed.
• Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to manager, and performs other general office duties as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs.
• Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company.
• Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• One or more years of experience in a busy physician practice or hospital setting
• Excellent customer service skills
• Experience with Word & Excel
• Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environments
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) would be a plus
• Good organizational skills
• Communicate and work well in a team environment
• Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
• Follow up in a timely manner on open items
• Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basisEducation/Experience:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• 1 or more years of related experienceComputer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
• Working within an electronic health record and practice management system.
• Microsoft Office Suite
Certificates and Licenses:
• N/AHIPAA Access Level: Low Level – No Access to Patient Information Med Level – View Only Access to Patient Information[X] High Level – View/Edit to Patient Information (Generally limited to Providers or care givers)Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsThe noise level in the work environment is usually moderateThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee.If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electronic Medical Record