This position functions as a working Superintendent for the special projects division, which consists of mostly ground-up schools, healthcare, and mixed-use projects. Projects are entirely in the Baltimore area, so there is no major travel involved.
This mid-sized general contractor recently ranked as one of the fastest-growing GCs in the DMV. With a background and history of high-end interior renovations, this firm is looking to expand in this space, as well as a brand new base-building division. The client-driven approach that this company takes leads the firm to have the large majority of their work coming from repeat clients. If you're looking for a high-energy contractor who not only values clients, quality, but also their employees, look no further. Office based in Baltimore, MD and projects are within 30 miles of the city.
- Manages all field activities on the project.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to stay on or ahead of project schedule
- Establish and enforce project safety.
- Control quality of all work verifying workmanship to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Conduct weekly subcontractor foreman meetings.
- Forward Request for Information (RFI's) to Project Manager.
- Interface with Owner and Architect during job site visits.
- Assist in the field training of the Carpenters and Laborers.
- Maintain required field record keeping, including daily reports, photos, etc.
- Installation of drywall and framing including but not limited to metal and wood framing, blocking, drywall hanging, finishing, repairs, and drywall ceilings with associated framing systems.
- Painting and finishes as required. (Includes new and repair work)
- Installation and modifications to millwork, cabinetry, and countertops.
- 5+ years experience in commercial construction.
- Must have experience managing subcontractors on commercial projects.
- College coursework preferred but not required.
Position includes strong benefits package and a car allowance after one year of employment. Submit your resume and it will be reviewed within 48 hours.