RiverWoods Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive package of benefits for our nurses. Current benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate with shift differential available
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus with a one-year commitment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement for full-time staff
- Excellent training program
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national family of hospitals and facilities
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS
We have full and part-time staff RN positions available for the day (7:00 AM - 7:30 PM) and night (7:00 PM - 7:30 AM) shifts. Shifts are 12-hours, 3 days per week with shift differentials available. All full-time RNs rotate weekend shifts.
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Riverwoods is committed to training and safety. All new-hire RNs will attend a 2-week orientation that spans 5 days the 1st week and 3 days the 2nd. Nurses will have 8-10 hours in a classroom setting, 3-5 training and shadow shifts, and ongoing monitoring every 30, 60, 90 days.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician’s orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient’s status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented. .
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. An initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current Registered Nurse (RN) license as required by the state of Georgia
- Previous psych nursing experience highly preferred
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification preferred (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Registered Nurse Certified