Consumer Directed Care (CDC) Program Coordinator
Everyone needs help sometimes, and as the Consumer Directed Care Program Coordinator, you will be able to help our consumers have a say in the type of care they receive and who will provide that care for them. This program promotes personal freedom and allows the consumers to remain safely in the community and in the comfort of their own home.
This is a full-time (35 hour/week) position with a hybrid remote schedule (2 days/week) and the option of a flexible 4-day work week. Our office is located in Malden, MA.
The CDC Program Coordinator supports consumers in how to recruit, hire, train, and supervise their direct care workers in accordance with program guidelines. In this position you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the program and providing support and training to consumers who choose the consumer-directed model of service delivery.
Compensation: Starting annual salary is $50,000 with an additional 6% bilingual designation.
Working at MVES means:
* A refreshing culture that is supportive, collaborative, and encouraging of diverse perspectives and backgrounds
* A focus on innovation with a team recognized for developing and implementing innovative programs and novel solutions
* Encouragement of your development through opportunities to get involved, use your voice, and gain new knowledge and skills
* A satisfying balance between your work and personal life, including option for a 4-day week and generous paid time off
* Competitive salaries
* Tufts Medical insurance, Delta Dental and VSP Vision insurance effective 1st day of employment
* 403b Retirement Plan with agency contribution after 2 years of employment
* 3 weeks accrued Vacation time
* 3 weeks accrued Sick time
* 13 Paid Holidays
* 30 personal hours
What you'll be Responsible for:
Essential functions of the position are below. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
* Maintaining thorough knowledge of the Consumer Directed Care Program, the Veterans Independence Plus (VIP) program and comparable state-funded programs, such as Personal Care Attendant.
* Implementing program changes, including, as necessary, providing support and training to Home Care and Senior Care Options (SCO) staff and updating forms and brochures for consumers.
* Developing and producing program and statistical reports for quality improvement and other purposes.
* Providing information and orientation to consumers interested in Consumer Directed Care within MVES programs, including (SCO) and the Home Care Program.
* Acting as liaison between the consumer, the care team, and the Fiscal Intermediary (FI).
* Submitting required paperwork on behalf of consumers to FIs in accordance with FI policies.
* Maintaining working relationship between MVES and Fiscal Intermediaries (FI) including, but not limited to, resolving consumer and worker complaints and sharing information with the FI as needed.
* Completing an initial CDC assessment with consumer in their home/residential setting to determine their level of ability to manage their program.
* Providing skills training to consumers in order to educate them on all phases of the CDC and VIP Programs, including: how to be an employer, hiring of workers, management of worker payroll and the paperwork connected with the process, and how to manage the program.
* Collaborating with care managers to ensure appropriate utilization of CDC services. Be alert and responsive to areas of program misuse, fraud, and obligations to report abuse and neglect.
* Maintaining accurate consumer information in case records and client services data base systems in accordance with MVES policies and procedures.
* Providing care management per VIP program requirements.
* Developing and updating CDC training for staff and participate in the orientation and training process for new staff.
* An Associate's degree in human services or a related field; Bachelor's degree preferred
* Knowledge of the Consumer Directed Care or MassHealth Personal Care Attendant (PCA) program preferred
* This position is required to make home visits. Private transportation is required.
* Experience working in the MassHealth PCA program or the Massachusetts Home Care Program preferred.
* Attention to detail and the ability to accurately enter information into a database.
* Strong interviewing and assessment skills.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and entering narrative and other data into a database. Ability to use the Internet to conduct basic information searches.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish or English and Cantonese preferred
Mystic Valley Elder Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Corrective And Preventive Actions
- Quality Assurance
- Scheduling (Project Management)
- Product Quality Assurance
- Performance Improvement