GDITs Early Career Program is designed with you in mind! Our new graduate opportunities are intended for recent college graduates with 0-1 year of professional work experience. At GDIT, every day, we influence how the government serves the country and its citizens. Starting your career with GDIT, allows you the opportunity to be a part of critical missions that dont just shape the world, but the individual.
GDIT is seeking a Software Engineer Associate (New Grad) in Chantilly, VA with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
Analyzes, designs and develops tests and test-automation suites.
Designs and develops a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
Tests software development methodology in an agile environment.
Provides ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
Collaborates cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
Provides recommendations for continuous improvement.
Works alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organizations capabilities
BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 0+ years of related software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Were looking for someone with experience and familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Building automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Elastic Search and relational databases.
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Flume.
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.