GDIT's Early Career Program is designed with you in mind! Our technical internship allows you the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team that is helping to solve our client's most complex issues. Throughout GDIT's 10-week summer internship program, you will work on innovative projects that touch areas such as software development, data infrastructure, cybersecurity, networking, and IT support, and other related areas depending on your background and interest. As an intern, you will have real responsibilities and work alongside experienced and innovative industry professionals. Your internship experience will equip you with best in class skills to take back to the classroom
GDIT is seeking an Programmer and Systems Administrator (Intern) in Chantilly, VA
The GDIT Enterprise Application Services division with an emphasis on documentation and development participation. The Enterprise Applications Services team at GDIT is responsible for many interesting and diverse development and testing activities. These efforts encompass many aspects of the IT ecosystem at GDIT.
Programmer and Systems Administrator (Intern) Responsibilities
- Assist teams in creating and maintaining documentation.
- Participate in development activities (JAVA or .NET).
- Support application testing following maintenance, upgrades, and outages utilizing pre-determined testing scripts
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support and basic data set up solutions to users.
- Participate in special projects and work with other technologies as required
- Gathers information from users for analysis of problem areas and responds to problem tickets.
- Provide training to end users in group or one-on-one sessions.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned and ability to learn new tools quickly and gain basic knowledge.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management, customers, and peers
- Currently pursuing an Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's degree from a United States-based college or university with an IT related major
- Basic programming skills. Knowledge in SQL to create and modify reports/queries (optional, but a plus)
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills required
- Ability to work independently on day to day tasks as well in a group setting on larger, long-term projects.
- Understanding of Procurement operational business processes, sourcing, procurement or supplier management experience (optional but a plus)
- Ability to track tasks in multiple systems as well as e-mail requests from customers.
- Organized, focused on customer satisfaction, shows initiative, and is ready and willing to learn new software and technology.
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Sql (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)