Genesis10 is currently seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer for a direct hire position, in the Austin, TX area.
At Genesis10, we recognize that our consultants are our most powerful resource. Selecting only the most talented and experienced consultants provides our clients with the best the industry has to offer. We take pride in attracting the world's finest business and technology consultants.
Genesis10 is a business and technology consulting company with offices nationwide and in Canada. Founded in 1999, Genesis10 has more than 1,200 consultants specializing in project management, business analysis, business transformation and large-scale systems infrastructure and application integration for more than 100 companies, 85% of which are in the Fortune 500. Genesis10 services a variety of industries including banking and financial services, insurance, energy, manufacturing, healthcare, telecommunications and more. For more information, please visit URL blocked - click to apply
.Genesis10 is currently seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer for a direct hire position, in the Austin, TX area.SUMMARY
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer will work as a key member of the Quality team. This individual will be responsible for leadership, planning, design, development and execution of test processes, test plans, test setups and test scripts for client's systems suite of products.
This includes a variety of applications and products such as devices, desktop applications, client-server applications, embedded applications, device firmware, XML validation, relational databases, software utilities, customer specific applications, reports and user documentation.
All systems products are required to meet very high quality standards as mandated by federal and state certification requirements. This person will be responsible for the final quality of the product under their test and will ensure that it is in par with the certification requirements. This role requires proficiency and strong hands-on experience in Quality assurance and testing methodologies/processes and its application in product development.
The ideal candidate will have passion for quality and detail. He/she will be a creative problem solver and have a great attitude and team spirit.Responsibilities:
- Understands and correctly interprets business, certification and technical requirements. Develops plans, strategies and scripts to test these requirements. Suggests changes to ensure the accuracy of documented requirements.
- Plans, creates, maintains and executes detailed test plans test environment, test data, and test scripts for verification of, but not limited to, software functionality, security, load, and performance.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the functionality of elections, PC, client-server, embedded applications and voting devices.
- Assists in developing QA project schedules, project plans and risk mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for using established test methodologies and tools such as for example, Client Quality Center and Client QTP/UFT tools for defect tracking, requirement gathering, planning, analyzing results, and executing automation and manual scripts.
- Independently develops formal test plans, test reports and other related documentation
- Participates in reviews of technical documentation, such as user manuals and suggests improvements and tests incorporated procedures.
- Works synergistically, collaboratively and communicates effectively with the members of the Engineering team and management team. Takes initiative, performs as a mentor and helps build a positive, productive work team.
- Evaluates test processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains and administers test management or configuration management software.
- Performs investigative testing on customer and other issues as required.
- B.S. degree in a technical or engineering field, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of software application testing experience.
- Must be able to work directly for any employer as a W-2 employee
- Must be passionate about quality.
- Must have senior level testing skills and experience – both manual and automated.
- Ability to creatively and efficiently plan, organize and execute independent verification and validation of product functionality, load and/or performance or similar test types and report results. Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical software requirements, specifications, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to learn and understand client-server, embedded application and database architecture and programs.
- Ability to understand relational database schemas and SQL queries for data validation.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard QA methodologies related to software/firmware development and verification, and configuration management. Experience with Client Quality Center/TestDirector or another such test management tool.
- Ability to act effectively as a member of an engineering team in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Able to multi-task and adapt quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand and relate project status and issues via clear verbal and written means.
If you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity, please apply.About Genesis10:
- Device/HW/Firmware/embedded application testing experience
- Experience with testing applications developed in .Net and C#
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”