To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
11372 Robinson Dr, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
11372 Robinson Dr, Coon Rapids, MN 55433, MN 55433
- Volunteers of America
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Cook - On Call
Volunteers of America National Services • 11372 Robinson Dr, Coon Rapids, MN 55433, MN
Posted 9 days ago
If you are looking for a rewarding position serving senior citizens in the Coon Rapids community, come join the Homestead at Coon Rapids!
We are looking for an On Call Cook to work various schedules - to fill in for vacations, holidays, etc.
Hours vary -if you are flexible and spontaneous - this could be a job you'd love!
Range of shifts - 6:00 am - to 10 am or 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
We offer great wages and flexibility, combined with the benefits of being a part of the Volunteers of America family.
Core job responsibilities:
- Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Dietary and Management Team.
- Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
- Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards.
- Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service.
- Takes orders and serves meals in the dining room.
Employees scheduled 24 hours per week are eligible for Dental, Vision and PTO benefits. Employees scheduled 30 or more hours per week are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision and PTO benefits. The 403b Retirement Savings benefit is available for employees that are scheduled 20 hours per week and above.
- Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. Previous institutional cooking and dietary service experience is preferred.
3. Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
**Must pass a criminal background check and post offer drug screen**