St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct care to residents/patients with ADL needs under the direction of a licensed registered nurse and in accordance with facility policies and procedures and to report resident/patient needs and concerns to licensed nurse in a timely and thorough manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows established current CNA performance standards and performs duties according to nursing service policies and procedures.
- Follows written and oral directions.
- Assists new peer employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Identifies resident/patient problems and concerns and report them immediately to the registered nurse.
- Completes assignments in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
- Conducts resident/patient rounds as assigned.
- Identifies safety hazards and initiates immediate corrective actions and report same to the RN.
- Attends all in-service or outside classes as assigned and completes assignments cheerfully and with a positive work attitude.
- Documents incidents and/or unusual problems according to established facility policy/procedures.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team and other facility meetings as assigned.
- Follows facility policies and procedures for admission, discharge and transfer.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely and thoroughly.
- Actively listens to resident/patient family concerns and reports problems to the registered nurse.
- Assures residents/patients have call lights, fluids for hydration needs and other necessary resident/patient items within resident/patient reach.
- Functions as a role model, resource person and preceptor for orientation of new personnel.
- Takes and active role in performance improvement activities.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to:
1. perceive attributes of an object through touch.
2. hear as it relates to normal conversation.
3. see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision.
4. frequently stoop and bend.
5. communicate effectively.
6. move and use hands easily and skillfully while aiding residents/patients.
7. able to withstand stressful situations and deal effectively with them.
8. able to lift and move residents/patients using proper body mechanics.
9. ability to withstand high stress situations.
High School Graduate or GED required. Completion of course for Certified Nursing Assistants. Basic Computer knowledge CPR certified preferred
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Certified Nursing Assistant - Skilled Nursing Unit - Part Time - Days[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Certified Nursing Assistant - Skilled Nursing Unit - Part Time - Days
Certified Nursing Assistant
Registered Nurse Certified