To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Dina Shuster at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Director of Human Resources
The Human Resources Director is responsible for developing and managing all Human Resources functions and policies in the areas of employment, compensation, benefits, employee/labor relations, legal compliance, workers compensation/other leaves, and programs to promote professional development and overall employee satisfaction. Assists and advises executive management to create an environment that encourages high performance at all levels of the organization and in support of the mission and goals of the JCC. Partnership with finance on payroll. The director reports to the Executive Director, supervises HR associate, and serves as a member of senior management team. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Director of Human Resources
.Minimum Qualifications:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources Director has both strategic and tactical responsibilities. He/she/they are responsible for staying abreast of best practices/emerging HR issues, developing a deep understanding of the organization and how their unique role contributes to its success, developing a vision for the department and identifying/acting upon for opportunities for improvement. Additionally, the Director of Human Resources for developing/reinforcing a culture of outstanding customer service which aligns with organizational values. This is a "roll up your sleeves" type of leadership role with a diverse set of responsibilities.
The Director of Human Resources manages a team of two and is responsible for the direction, coordination and delivery of Human Resources-related services including employee relations, onboarding, benefits administration, payroll and employment-related federal and state compliance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Strategic Leadership
- Actively fosters a fair, inclusive, and respectful workplace, both through customer service and in policy development.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to managers.
- Collaborates with management to manage and engage JCC staff culture with positive morale, support, collaboration and growth.
- Collaborates on both interdepartmental projects and Human Resources analytic/policy setting initiatives (e.g. Compensation & Benefits)
Benefit & Leave Administration
- Collaborates with managers on offer letters, agreements, and new hire onboarding. Will be instrumental in the development of updated onboarding process that supports employees and managers.
- Provides management coaching and education on both general matters and employee/situation specific situations. Consults with supervisors and managers to address employee performance issues and guides managers through the performance improvement process, including performance improvement plans and terminations.
- Provides guidance and direction to employees. Investigates and resolves grievances, including harassment complaints.
- Works closely with managers and employees to provide consultation and guidance to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Involved in development of, administration and communication of employee benefit programs, including but not limited to retirement plan, group life-insurance, disability insurance , health & dental insurance, and employee discount programs. Monitors and reviews benefit trends and cost-effective best practices. Ensures compliance with benefits-related government regulations.
- Works closely with benefits brokers during renewals, to ensure employee benefits are managed correctly and benefit issues are resolved.
- Leads open enrollment process.
- Oversees and ensures the accurate tracking, administration and employee notifications of leaves of absence (e.g. FMLA, Parental leave and MA Paid FML, employee time off, COBRA).
- Monitors and ensures JCC compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations related to all aspects of the employment process including but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, ADA, HIPAA, ACA, EEO, OSHA and Mass EST. Keeps abreast of new and changing programs and regulations. Recommends best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Manages Workers Compensation and Unemployment Compensation programs and OSHA reporting.
- Oversees the administration and legal compliance of the Retirement 403B plan including enrollment, contributions and annual audit.
- Assesses organizational risks related to Human Resources and daily operations. Conducts ongoing identification of risk/prevention/monitoring/mitigation measures, and implementation of prioritized recommendations.
- Manages Human Resources budget.
- Works closely with external contacts as needed, including but not limited to insurance broker, retirement plan administrator, and legal counsel. Utilizes external resources when needed for additional expertise.
Additional responsibilities, as required. Salary:
$95,000 - $105,000 Agency Information: Sid Jacobson JCC
(SJJCC) is the only full-service JCC on Long Island's North Shore in Nassau County. SJJCC provide cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. SJJCC is a national leader in providing care for those suffering from chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, and other degenerative illnesses. In addition, SJJCC offers year-round social, recreational, fitness, and vocational programs for children and teens, and adults living with special needs. SJJCC is Long Island's hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
- Ada Compliance
- Customer Service