Reporting to the Senior Vice President Merchandising, the Vice President (VP) of Merchandising leads teams that drive and own the strategy and P&L of divisional categories and play to win in the marketplace. The VP, Merchandising leads multiple teams and manages director-level leaders through the execution of defined category strategies. As an officer, this role also provides leadership and talent development, guidance and coaching for the broader merchandising organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the Senior Vice President, Merchandising to set the overall strategic framework for the division and aligns resources and expectations to deliver results.
- Leads and guides team through continuous coaching, recognition, professional development, and other leadership responsibilities. Actively develops talent to create a pipeline for succession planning.
- Drives the strategy for the division, defining short- and long-term targets, goals and objectives and influencing by managing cross-functional partnerships. This includes providing recommendations on strategic plans, metric driven analytics, and ensuring activity aligns to the most critical strategies of our business.
- Works collaboratively, cross functionally with stores, MP&A, PB, Marketing, and Information Technology to create a seamless, best in class customer experience in our stores.
- Develops, owns and delivers merchandise financial plans.
- Works with Marketing to develop marketing plans and themes that are aligned with overall strategy.
- Prioritizes, allocates, and reviews the marketing plans, budget and tactical elements.
- Develops effective promotional strategies and helps teams deliver high-level promotional submissions, location allocations, and proposed layouts/assortment.
- Develops strategic relationships with vendors and drives the joint business planning process.
- Creates a winning assortment strategy to win in the marketplace. Reviews assortment to ensure POG/assortment aligns with strategy.
- Could include travel up to 20%, including overnight and/or international travel, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leads divisional organization, including director-level reports.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE FROM FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY REQUIRED; MASTER’S DEGREE OR HIGHER PREFERRED, OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE.
- 10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN MERCHANDISING, WITH DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS CREATING SOLUTIONS IN A LARGE ORGANIZATION.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- LEADING IN A HIGH-PERFORMANCE, HIGH-GROWTH RETAIL COMPANY
- IN FORTUNE 100 RETAIL, GROCERY, OR RELATED FIELD
- PARTNERING WITH, AND INFLUENCING, SENIOR BUSINESS LEADERS
- DEVELOPING AND GROWING TALENT WITHIN OWN TEAM AND ACROSS THE ENTERPRISE
- IN EXECUTIVE-LEVEL WRITING AND PRESENTATION SKILLS
- UTILIZING ALL NECESSARY TECHNOLOGY, SOFTWARE AND COMMUNICATIONS AIDS
- IMPLEMENTING A CREATIVE, SOLUTIONS ORIENTATED APPROACH TO MEETING THE NEEDS OF THE BUSINESS
- WORKING EFFECTIVELY AND CROSS-FUNCTIONALLY WITH ALL LEVELS OF STAFF
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 590240
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.