* Bachelor's degree in Political Science, International or Public Affairs, Statistics, Economics, Business Analytics, Data Mining, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 7 years of experience in Intelligence, Data Analysis, Research, Risk and Fraud Investigation, or Threat and Incident Management.
* Experience with international geo-political and extremism characteristics, and how those shape product and user vulnerabilities.
* Experience relaying communications between technical and non-technical teams.
* Experience in Internet-based risk, abuse, fraud, data protection, or security.
* Experience producing and leveraging analysis of malicious, criminal, or violent actors (e.g., states, groups, and individuals) in cyberspace.
* Familiarity with information operations Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
* Familiarity with Google products, infrastructure, and types of online abuse.
* Knowledge in Internet, web-research, online advertising, fraud detection, numerical analysis, search engine optimization, and e-commerce.
About the job
Trust and Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what's right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
Our Trust and Safety team has the responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products.
As an Analyst, you will apply analytical thinking to understand problems touching Google's users and protect the integrity of our products in service of our users.
At Google we work hard to earn our users' trust every day. Trust and Safety is Google's team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google's products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000-$195,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
* Leverage open source intelligence (OSINT) techniques to identify content and entities that pose a threat to content quality across the full spectrum of Search products.
* Lead and coordinate the development of the team's analytical products in a fast paced multi-threat environment. Provide tasking direction to a global array of detection agents.
* Conduct in-person briefings to a wide array of teams across alphabet, including product teams, researchers, and executive level customers.
* Lead forecasting efforts for critical world events, emergent threats, or domains that are experiencing significant change. Lead scenario planning and red team exercises for significant events.
* Review sensitive content as part of the core role. Participate in on-call rotation to manage escalations that may occur outside of standard work hours, including weekends/holidays.
- Data Analysis
- Data Protection
- E Commerce