Senior Data Engineer
In the Emerging Technologies Practice at CGI, our consultants and technologists apply their deep expertise and problem-solving skills to implement cutting-edge and industry best solutions. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. Our Data Engineers work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, are passionate about data accuracy and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process, and transform data. In this role, you will collaborate with the team while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients' needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead technical teams and developers to design, implement, and operationalize advanced data pipelines for reporting, machine learning, and other business critical applications
• Define customer and business requirements to implement robust cloud-based technical architectures and solutions for end users. Regularly interface with client sponsors and team members to meet project deadlines and provide clear communication with the team
• Provide documentation and explanation of technical solutions in a professional manner
• Collaborate and closely align with solution architects, data analysts, and cloud engineering teams
• Deep expertise and hands-on experience developing and deploying SQL, Python, and Spark-based data pipelines into production environments
• Deep experience with OLTP (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and OLAP (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse) database technologies
• Significant hands-on technical experience with DevOps and CI/CD processes and tools, such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, and Google Cloud Build
• Strong experience with major cloud platforms and tooling, especially Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud
• Strong interpersonal skills, presentation, and data narration / storytelling abilities with demonstrated ability to present to executive audiences
• Strong experience using data manipulation tools to source, transform, and blend data from multiple different data sources
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3+ years of consulting experience
• Experience in mentoring and career development for junior resources
• Experience using Big Data or Cloud integration technologies such as Databricks, Matillion, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, etc.
• Exposure with AI and automation (ex. RPA) tools and processes
5 Years experience in SQL- Expert
5 years of Programming experience( Ex. Python)
3 years experience in cloud computing (ex. Azure)
3 years experience in ETL Tools (ex. ADF, Lambda)
- Experience working with large, heterogeneous datasets to extract business value using popular data preparation tools to reduce or even automate parts of the tedious data preparation tasks.
- Experience in working with SQL on Hadoop tools and technologies including HIVE from an open source perspective and Informatica from a commercial vendor perspective.
- Experience in working with both open-source and commercial message queuing technologies (i.e. Kafka and Azure Service Bus), stream data integration technologies and stream analytics technologies.
Experience with Hadoop (ex. Spark, Hive),API Design and Ingestion,Data visualization (ex. PowerBI)
#LI-SG2Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Data Engineer
. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills
- Cloud Computing
- Hadoop Hive
- Aws Lambda
- Amazon Redshift
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Hive
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Spark