To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Red Bank, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Temporary Transportation Administrative Assistant - Red Bank, NJ
Oldcastle APG • Red Bank, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
Job ID: 150009
Anchor, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
This position will perform general administrative duties for the department it is assigned to. The individual will perform routine clerical functions and may support more than one department simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of clerical work involving standardized forms, reports, data, and procedures using established instruction/routines
- Prepare simple forms or reports; sort and files documentation
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Read and route incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail and correspondence or other printed materials
- Compose and type routine correspondence
- Organize and maintain file systems, and file correspondence and other records
- Greet visitors and direct to appropriate area or person
- Provide support for assigned departments
- Conduct research and compile and type statistical reports
- Update and maintain company phone list
- Answer phone calls and support the receptionist as needed
- Assist the Transportation Director in the day to day office functions to ensure efficiency
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent of at least 1 year of office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier, 10-key)
- Strong Microsoft Office/computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, supervisors, vendors, and customer is an effective manner
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and computing rate and ratio
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with little or no structure
- Internal and external customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to make multiple phone calls for 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to perform sedentary work, occasional walking, standing, squatting, and bending required
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. and carry small objects and occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Prolonged sitting, repetitive use of fingers and hands for typing
- Available to work overtime as necessary
- May be required to work under stressful conditions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Anchor, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.