The Licensed Practical/Vocational Pediatric nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and delivery of patient care in a pediatric setting. In pediatric settings, LPN/LVNs care specifically for children and adolescents.
- Takes and records vital signs of pediatric patients
- Prepares and gives injections and enemas; monitors catheters
- Assists patients with bathing, dressing, and other personal hygiene
- One on one position with special needs pediatric patient in a classroom/facility setting. May require working with Tracheotomy and/or G-tube
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
- Assesses signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data and information from healthcare members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Plans for expected outcomes of care for those patients assigned
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment
- Uses effective communication skills with all contacts while being objective and sensitive
- Communicates pertinent information about patient, nursing unit, and activities as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Current nursing license within the state of assignment
- Current BLS Card
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Knowledge in pediatric pharmacology
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisor, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Electronic Medical Record
Diseases And Disorders
Long Term Care
Maintain Patient Confidentiality