To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Enfield, CT 06082
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Financial Accounting & Accounts Payable Specialist
Farm Credit East, ACA • Enfield, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business
owners across the northeast with over $6 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and
businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
As a Financial Accounting & Accounts Payable Specialist you will be responsible for helping Farm Credit East meet its financial goals and business objectives by providing accounting, financial reporting, and operational support as a part of the Finance/Operations team at Farm Credit East's headquarters in Enfield, CT. You will perform general accounting responsibilities, applying knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and concepts. You will also be responsible for coding and paying all Association bills, performing the check custodian function, preparing the year- end 1099s, and assisting in the patronage check generation process. You will also be responsible for communicating with Farm Credit Financial Partners, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, FCA, and CoBank examiners as necessary regarding Farm Credit East operations and reporting requirements.
Farm Credit East provides all team members with the training and resources needed to be successful in their careers. All new employees receive one-on-one coaching to help them understand their roles. Additional technical training, soft skill training, and ongoing professional development provided by Farm Credit East will help you be poised for continued career growth within our organization.
The essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Financial Accounting: Assist in maintaining timely and accurate recording of financial transactions, maintaining existing accounts and other processes as assigned. Prepares various general account reconciliation utilizing knowledge of GAAP accounting concepts. Monitor outstanding unapplied accounts, identify accounting irregularities and other issues for assigned analyses. Coordinate the timely closing of monthly ACA books, including pre-close and post-close balancing. Provide support to branches and other team members. This includes verbal and written communications with the customers and vendors.
- Accounts Payable: Coding and paying of association invoices including expense reports and credit card invoices. Preparing quarterly sales tax and review vendor year end 1099s. Also responsible for association check custodian function.
- Operations: Work closely with branch offices to ensure timely and accurate accounting of daily operations including various tasks such as lockbox rejects, daily sweeps, protested ACHs and checks and monthly bank account reconciliations. Work with operations group to maintain the accurate and timely reporting and resolve outstanding issues. Continue to be a primary resource for operation staff and branch offices.
- Special Projects: Work closely with Branch and Association management on special projects as assigned or delegated. Perform special projects that support the requirements of the Operations/Financial group. Participate in Farm Credit East projects designed to improve efficiency, ensure quality and/or further Farm Credit East's objectives. Develop and maintain automated accounting system reports, and excel spreadsheets.
- Member Relations/Teamwork: Provide outstanding customer service (both internal and external) and deliver exceptional customer experience and value by setting, communicating and meeting customer expectations. Demonstrate a strong community commitment and professional presence that contributes to the overall positive image of the ACA. Act in a forthright and ethical manner, display a positive attitude and contribute positively to the overall morale of the team and association. Assist other team members and contribute to training.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.