KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1 500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Collections Analyst 1
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Leads the investigation and resolution of customer payment deductions and disputes. Tasks may include working with Sales on pricing issues and Transportation to obtain Proof of Delivery and related documents.
- Assists in the processing of credit/rebilled transactions
- Works with Cash Applications to resolve questions regarding customer payments.
- Works with portfiolio team lead on other projects and assignments as needed. 65%
- Approves the write-off of remaining invoice balances up to approved threshold ($ amount TBD) 10%
- Assists Finance Manager and Trade Promotion Manager as needed to help monitor payment deductions taken against customer promotional programs and allowances. 10%
- Serves as a back-up for the Cash Applications Coordinator and is familiar with all related policies and procedures. 5%
- Communicates impact of payment disputes/deductions and potential for related credit and collection issues decisions to internal stakeholders (i.e. Sales Reps, Credit Analyst, Customer Service Rep) and assists them as needed to help drive resolution. 5%
- Completion of other special projects as assigned. The person in this role may act as a central point of contact for credit reference requests, etc. with responsibility for distribution to the appropriate department contact. 5%
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years in a Finance, Accounting or role. Accounts Receivable experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- General business acumen with prior exposure to areas of Finance, Credit, Accounts Receivable or Accounting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly; demonstrate flexibility when presented with change
- Self-starter. Able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience preferred
- Prior experience in accounts receivable.
- Prior experience in Agribusiness, Food, CPG industries
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, SAP or equivalent ERP system
Trade Promotion Management
Consumer Packaged Goods