To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- MIDDLE CITY WEST, PA 19103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Cable HQ Accounting
Comcast Corporation • MIDDLE CITY WEST, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing the operations of the Accounting department. Provides technical and administrative supervision. Provides analytical support regarding financial
statements and general ledger. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance to employees, as required. Specifically, the candidate in this role is expected to lead and manage all aspects of quarterly balance sheet reporting for Cable and Corporate to senior management, including review of other monthly and quarterly financial analysis, and identification of continuous improvements in streamlining and automating accounting processes.
- Manages, plans, organizes, and coordinates activities of Accounting staff.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting and analysis of financial data in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals.
- Monitors and develops procedures to accommodate operational and policy changes.
- Manages and oversees ongoing internal and external audit inquiries and processes.
- Ensures adherence to cable policies regarding internal controls.
- Reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by Accountants and/or Supervisors and instructs Accountants to make necessary changes and advises on adjusting entries as needed.
- Reviews all monthly / quarterly equity & dividend schedules.
- Actively participate in the quarterly and year-end accounting close process, including review of analyses/disclosures to support the company's various SEC filings.
- Assist with ad hoc reports and special project requests
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes to support the Accounting function.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Education Level-Bachelors Degree
Field of Study-Accounting
Certifications - CPA Preferred
Years Experience- 6-9 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer