You love to teach, but are ready for a change. You want to make a difference, but aren’t sure what other types of teaching jobs are out there. At Catapult Learning, we are in the business of making a big difference in a small group setting. Teachers who work for us, through a diagnostic prescriptive process, determine where students are in their learning, begin the teaching there, and guide students through their gaps to greater academic achievement and a stronger belief in themselves.
Catapult Learning is an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us as our program grows throughout the Polk County Area. When you teach with us, you still get to do what you love to do most – teach - but with our program, we offer positions that range from 4-40 hours per week.
Catapult Learning provides contracted instructional services to small groups of students in reading and mathematics. We diagnose learning skill strengths and growth needs with a computer-adaptive assessment. We deliver a prescribed instructional delivery method, which allows for teacher creativity to engage students. Our teams consult with private and parochial school classroom teachers and principals to coordinate efforts in providing instructional services to students. Our teachers communicate and conference with parents to provide information on student effort and progress.
By working with Catapult Learning, you benefit from being part of the largest contract education service provider in the country who offers its staff a multitude of resources, training, benefits, and advancement opportunities in different aspects of education.
If this sounds like the type of company and teaching position that match your needs, values, and goals, apply here.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, delivers designated instructional models and strategies in readiness, reading, mathematics, and/or writing skills to eligible students through utilization of Catapult materials and educational strategies.
- Identifies and enrolls eligible students through existing test scores, administering tests, and/or other acceptable methods as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from Catapult classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Establishes and maintains a positive customer relationship with classroom teachers and principals, including providing achievement objectives and updated approved schedules of services.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Catapult Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies
Bachelor’s degree or possess 48 credit hours & have a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment. Teaching certificate preferred. Teaching experience preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well as paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.