Performs and demonstrates proficiency and understanding in one or more area of the clinical laboratory. Assists in instructing other personnel as assigned, and performs a perceptive depth of clinical laboratory tests and procedures which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. Assures that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Obtains blood specimens for all populations and clinical testing procedures.
3. Performs effective and safe use of laboratory equipment.
4. Uses judgement in reporting laboratory results for all populations.
5. Evaluates and reviews the quality control program and maintenance of equipment designated to that area.
- Licensed by ASCP or equivalent as a Technician in all clinical areas.
- B.S. in Medical Technology or graduated with an associates degree in applied science as applicable.
- Attained Medical Technology certification thru other agencies.
Repairing (Computer Systems)