Burns & McDonnell's Kansas City office is looking for a Staff Environmental Engineer to provide acoustic and noise control consulting services to industrial, power generation, electric transmission, healthcare, federal, mission critical, aviation, and utility clients. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm voted as a Best Place to Work in Kansas City and numerous other cities across the United States.
The candidate will help grow our acoustical consulting services within an established environmental business line at one of the industry's leading firms.
This individual will perform environmental noise control and acoustics analyses for clients, including working with project teams to develop noise mitigation designs according to budget constraints, design factors and client needs.
* Acoustical and Vibration Consulting: Provide acoustical consulting in architectural acoustics, building mechanical acoustics, audio-visual systems, and environmental noise control and vibration isolation projects.
* Conduct field measurements for sound level and vibration analyses.
* Preform acoustical modeling and vibration analyses.
* Prepare reports and communicate acoustical project issues with internal project teams and clients.
* Develop equipment specifications with various project teams.
* Up to 25% domestic travel will be required.
* Other duties, as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science in Environmental or Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
* Or Bachelor of Science in Environmental or Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
* Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
* 3 years of environmental engineering experience, consulting preferred.
* Successful completion (i.e.passing) FE or EIT preferred.
* Strong knowledge in standard environmental engineering techniques and procedures.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
* Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
* Strong computer skills include AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs, and environmental analysis programs.
* Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Engineering Design Process
- Electrical Engineering Concepts
- Electrical Engineering Fundamentals
- Electronic Circuit Design
- Transmission Line Theory