Dayton Physicians Medical Records AssistantLocated: Central Business Office (Vandalia, Ohio) Position Description Summary:
This position is responsible for follow up on outstanding provider items required for chart completion, data entry, supporting medical record requests, provider table maintenance, and miscellaneous clerical functions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in processing medical record release for requesting entity (patients, third party payers, physician offices, etc.);
- Sends electronically, copies, faxes, and/or mails medical records as requested;
- Scans patient chart documentation in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) as needed or requested;
- Follows up on outstanding provider dictation to ensure timely chart completion and escalates to leadership as necessary;
- Completes required data entry for Patient Satisfaction Surveys;
- Maintains EMR provider demographic tables;
- Follows up on failed faxed patient progress notes to referring offices;
- Assists in other clerical functions (e.g. patient follow up letters, department policies, training documentation, etc.) as needed or requested;
- Maintains staff phone directory;
- Collates physician weekly on-call and vacation schedules;
- Sends daily patient appointment reminder reports to facility contacts;
- Follows all health care privacy and safety rules and adheres to Dayton Physicians Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Not Applicable Required Education and/ or Experience:
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED. At least one (1) year of previous experience working in a Medical Records Office or other administrative records position, 2-3 years’ experience is preferred. This position requires excellent oral and written communication and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with a Physician Practice Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Management system is preferred. General Skill Requirements:
Physical/ Mental Demands:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in a medical practice is preferred.
- Experience with Nextgen a plus.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of this position to provide excellent customer service to both our internal and external stakeholders.
This position requires the ability to frequently wrists, hands and fingers to touch, type, hold and carry objects. This position is frequently required sit, kneel, stand, and walk throughout the office and is required to lift and carry 10 – 20 pounds as well as reach above head on a regular basis. This position requires the ability to answer telephone calls, take and relay accurate messages and work on the computer. Environmental/ Working Conditions:
Work will be completed in a smoke-free, climate controlled medical office with the usual hazards of airborne germs, chemicals, various odors, blood and other hazardous waste products. Office spaces may include the use of a parking lot within one half mile of the working location and may include the need to utilize stairs to access the working location. This position may require travel to other office locations.