Case Management Assistant PRN Days
AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Faith-based growing organization
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
Close to sunny Florida Beaches
PRN / Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Faxing utilization clinical reviews to third party payers
- Monitoring receipt and distribution of third party payer requests and logs
- Assists with locating appropriate facilities for placement of patients moving to another level of care
- Facilitation of the transfer to alternate care facilities including transport arrangements
- Facilitating referrals for home care services
- Provides backup administrative/clerical assistance to department administrative assistant
- Assists with providing patients with Medicare Important Message (IM) per policy
- Insurance authorization follow up
- Assists CM staff with clerical duties such as faxing and telephone support
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year office experience, preferably in a medical setting.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills required to include, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Medical terminology helpful.
- Good public relations/clerical and computer skills.
The Case Management Assistant provides clerical support to the Case Managers and Social Workers to facilitate and execute discharge plans and other related activities as needed. Provides administrative support for the Case Management Department in the absence of department secretary.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Microsoft Power Point