Who we want:
Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Hands on partners. Servicing the collection process of single use devices at reprocessing facilities including hospitals and surgery centers with the Service Associates on your team.
Mission-driven salespeople. Fiercely intense representatives who work whatever hours necessary to live out their purpose of changing people’s lives and making healthcare better.
What you will do:
The Associate Sales Representative (ASR) is responsible for marketing and promoting Stryker Sustainability Solutions (SSS) products and services, and driving an increase in account receipt values in hospitals and surgery centers. The ideal candidate will have the desire and aptitude to advance to a Sales Representative role within 1-3 years.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Educate and inform hospital stakeholders regarding the benefits of SSS products and services, thus increasing the volume of used devices collected and reprocessed devices ordered.
- Provides support to Service Associates, as needed, in coordinating the routine collection and shipment of recyclable single-use medical devices from assigned accounts to the production facilities to ensure sufficient influx of product to reprocess.
- Conduct “in-service” education with hospital stakeholders and cross-departmental healthcare facility staff across 24x7 shifts re: new programs, changes, updates, or customer concerns, thus promoting the benefits of reprocessed devices and driving higher collection volume and sales.
- Following analysis of hospital and surgery center needs and reprocessing gaps, implement new collection areas within hospitals and surgery center
- Following extensive training on SSS products and reprocessing services, must be able to tailor Stryker’s promotional message based upon knowledge of the customer, advise on appropriate product selection, answer customer questions about product functionality, FDA guidelines on reprocessing, and distinguish Stryker products from those of Stryker’s competitors, both OEM and reprocessors.
- Recommend solutions for customers and teammates on maximizing their reprocessing program based upon analysis of current customer practices and needs.
- Tailor marketing materials, signage, and collateral to the needs of each account and collection site within a facility.
- Assist with planning & execution of territory business plan based upon knowledge of existing and projected customer sales and reprocessing trends.
- Analyze customer usage of devices to maximize participation in Stryker’s reprocessing program and create action plan for increasing account participation and potential sale of new products and services.
- Collect and analyze information from multiple sources regarding the merits of Stryker’s reprocessing program and effectively communicate the information to others (within the hospital and other team members).
- Assists, in collecting used devices in specially marked containers throughout areas of hospitals and surgery centers, including: Operating Rooms, Patient Handling Floors, Cardiovascular Labs, Sterile Processing, and Central Supply.
- Bachelors Degree required. Background in sales and/or marketing preferred.
- 1-2 years B2B experience preferred.
- Experience in a hospital environment preferred.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet and Intranet, and Database (i.e., JD Edwards One World, or similar Enterprise Resource Planning system).
- Service-oriented personality with strong customer service skills and ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess and analyze the customer's issues and offer them an appropriate solution.
- Demonstrated ability to establish customer rapport and build business relationships.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds on a daily basis
- Use of your personal vehicle (drive 80-100 miles/day depending on territory).
The division - Sustainability Solutions:
Reprocessing and remanufacturing are some of the most impactful
sustainability initiatives in use at hospitals. Our mission is to be the leading provider of sustainability solutions in the global healthcare market. Join us as we strive to ‘green’ healthcare! Below are additional ways that we provide sustainable solutions to our customers:
▪ Last year, we diverted 13.2M pounds of waste from the landfill through our reprocessing program.
▪ Through a strategic partnership we provide an “end of life” solution for our devices reprocessed in Phoenix, AZ. Once these products can no longer be reprocessed, they are converted into syngas, biochar and recyclable metals by utilizing a low emission technology solution that avoids incineration.
▪ We launched Products for the Planet, where we donate trees to the National Forest Foundation based on increased device collections. This year, we are on track to plant over 75,000 trees.
Work From Home: Field-based
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Microsoft Power Point